Urquhart Mediation LLC
Jack E. Urquhart
Jody M. Urquhart
Mediation is Effective.
Control the outcome.
Jack E. Urquhart, J.D.
- Attorney Mediator Arbitrator
- Mediates and Arbitrates:
- personal injury,
- family law,
- child custody,
- elder care, and
- professional malpractice conflicts.
- Years of focus on negotiation as an integral and essential component of dispute resolution, including cases before the court.
- Williams College, BA 1969
- University of Texas School of Law 1973 with Honors
- Law Review-Article Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
- Experienced trial and appeals lawyer.
- Lead counsel in thousands of complex civil litigation matters, including all forms of aggregate litigation.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) with the rank of Advocate for both Plaintiff and Defendant.
- Negotiated resolution of class actions and multi-party litigation throughout the country.
- Served on the Houston Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee and Chaired that committee.
- Honored as a member of the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas.
- Holds certificates in Basic Mediation and Advanced Family, Divorce and Child Custody Mediation earned through Manousso Mediation and Arbitration, LLC.
- ADR professional affiliations include
- the Association For Conflict Resolution – Houston,
- the Texas Association of Mediators,
- the ADR section of the State Bar of Texas and,
- the ADR section of the Houston Bar of Texas.
Jody M. Urquhart
- Mediation and conflict resolution professional.
- More than three decades of experience in communicating, guiding and negotiating people through conflict and toward resolution in highly stressful environments.
- Holds Certificates in
- Basic Mediation
- Advanced Family Mediation,
- Elder and Adult Family Mediation,
- Parenting Coordination & Facilitation,
- Divorce and Child Custody Mediation, including the newly Texas Legislative mandated Family Violence Training
earned through Manousso Mediation & Arbitration, LLC.
- Certified Legal Assistant through the Texas Para-Legal School, Houston, Texas – 1980. Legal Assistant from 1980 to present, focusing on civil litigation and family law matters.
- Lead legal assistant in complex jury trials and family law matters.
- Lead legal assistant in negotiations, mediation, arbitration and non-binding summary jury trials.
- In tenth year as a trained and Commissioned member of the Catholic Chaplin Corps guiding and advocating for hospitalized patients and family members in acute distress and conflict.
- Working with the homeless in need of healthcare and housing in Galveston County via St. Vincent’s House.
- Numerous formal assignments to resolve interoffice personnel conflicts as office administrator. Developed and implemented procedures for law firm risk avoidance. Professional affiliations include
- ACR Houston,
- Mediate.com, and
- Texas Association of Mediators.