Urquhart Mediation LLC
Jack E. Urquhart
Jody M. Urquhart
Employment Arbitration Agreements Reach Epic Status
Read Employment Arbitration Agreements Reach Epic Status by Jack Urquhart!
Now published at Mediate.com
Mediation is Effective.
Control the outcome.
Jack E. Urquhart, J.D.
- Attorney Mediator Arbitrator
- Mediates and Arbitrates:
- personal injury,
- family law,
- child custody,
- elder care, and
- professional malpractice conflicts.
- Years of focus on negotiation as an integral and essential component of dispute resolution, including cases before the court.
- Williams College, BA 1969
- University of Texas School of Law 1973 with Honors
- Law Review-Article Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
- Experienced trial and appeals lawyer.
- Lead counsel in thousands of complex civil litigation matters, including all forms of aggregate litigation.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) with the rank of Advocate for both Plaintiff and Defendant.
- Negotiated resolution of class actions and multi-party litigation throughout the country.
- Served on the Houston Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee and Chaired that committee.
- Honored as a member of the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas.
- Holds certificates in Basic Mediation and Advanced Family, Divorce and Child Custody Mediation earned through Manousso Mediation and Arbitration, LLC.
- ADR professional affiliations include
- the Association For Conflict Resolution – Houston,
- the Texas Association of Mediators,
- the ADR section of the State Bar of Texas and,
- the ADR section of the Houston Bar of Texas.
Jody M. Urquhart
- Mediation and conflict resolution professional.
- More than three decades of experience in communicating, guiding and negotiating people through conflict and toward resolution in highly stressful environments.
- Holds Certificates in
- Basic Mediation
- Advanced Family Mediation,
- Elder and Adult Family Mediation,
- Parenting Coordination & Facilitation,
- Divorce and Child Custody Mediation, including the newly Texas Legislative mandated Family Violence Training
earned through Manousso Mediation & Arbitration, LLC.
- Certified Legal Assistant through the Texas Para-Legal School, Houston, Texas – 1980. Legal Assistant from 1980 to present, focusing on civil litigation and family law matters.
- Lead legal assistant in complex jury trials and family law matters.
- Lead legal assistant in negotiations, mediation, arbitration and non-binding summary jury trials.
- In tenth year as a trained and Commissioned member of the Catholic Chaplin Corps guiding and advocating for hospitalized patients and family members in acute distress and conflict.
- Working with the homeless in need of healthcare and housing in Galveston County via St. Vincent’s House.
- Numerous formal assignments to resolve interoffice personnel conflicts as office administrator. Developed and implemented procedures for law firm risk avoidance. Professional affiliations include
- ACR Houston,
- Mediate.com, and
- Texas Association of Mediators.